Boone Hall Plantation



This former cotton plantation of over 17,000 acres has one of the most
majestic avenues of Spanish-moss draped live oaks (planted in 1743) in the South

leading to The Big House.

The estate still has a row of nine 18th-century brick slave cabins.
The proximity of the slave quarters along the road to The Big House and the expensive brick construction of the slave cabins
indicates that Captain Thomas Boone was displaying his wealth and status to other planters as they rode up to the main house.

Here is one of the slave cabins.

The (cotton) gin house (now a gift shop!) is also still standing.


 


Created by Ingolf Vogeler on 5 March 1997.